1. All categories are open to amateur photographers only. For the purposes of this competition an amateur photographer is defined as someone who has not earned more than $5,000 from photography (including videography) in any 12-month period in the previous five years, dating from the time of entry and has not completed their final year of study in a tertiary-level, multi-year photography qualification. (Note: For the purposes of this competition, photography earnings includes money earned from photo sales, photo education, photography tours, commercial work, and photo competitions. Non-cash prizes won in photography competitions, such as camera equipment and travel, are not considered earnings.)
2. The Photography Competition is open to storm impacted residents of Hepburn Shire.
3. Employees of Hepburn Shire Council are not eligible to enter this competition.
4. Individual images must be no larger than 2MB.
5. Competition organisers reserve the right to disqualify an image if they feel it lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation.
6. There are no restrictions on the use of post-production, though images must be wholly photographic in origin.
7. Any post-production and editing must be the work of the entrant.
8. Each photographer retains copyright of their images. The entrant provides Hepburn Shire Council authorisation to display, print, and distribute their photographs for the sole purpose of promoting this competition and use in the Commemorative Storm 21 book. Images will be credited with the name of the photographer if used by Hepburn Shire Council.
9. The entrant must be the creator of any images they enter into the competition.
10. The entrant must be the copyright owner of any images they enter into the competition.
11. Closing date for entries is 11.59pm (AEDT) on Sunday 31 July 2022.
12. Entries will be shortlisted by staff of Hepburn Shire Council.
13. A panel of photographers, selected by the staff of Hepburn Shire Council, will judge the shortlisted entries and vote on a winner and runner-up in each category. The overall Grand Finalist will be judged from one of the five category winners.
14. Judges' decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
15. All shortlisted entrants will be notified by email.
16. Winners, runners-up and finalists will be announced on Saturday 06 August at Trentham Neighbourhood House.
17. By entering images into this competition, the entrant warrants that all of the above Terms and Conditions have been met. Any entry found to breach the above Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.