Our Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) works closely with Council to address barriers to access and inclusion issues in the community, and monitor the progress and implementation of the new Disability Access Plan 2023-2026.
Membership aims to represent all sectors of the community who have a disability and provide Council with strategic advice, information and advocacy to create a more socially inclusive environment for people with a disability, their family or carers.
Expressions of Interest to join the DAC have now closed. Expressions of Interest will be assessed against the selection criteria. Members will be appointed by Council resolution for a minimum two-year term.
Thank you for your interest in the DAC.
To provide advice to Council on:
- future policies, plans or services that may impact people with disability
- helping to promote positive images of people with disability
- suggesting ways to advocate for better access and disability rights in the community
- supporting tourism attractions and employment opportunities for people with disability
- Advocating to organisations and partnerships for increased access for people with disability
The Disability Advisory Committee is a reference group, and not a decision-making body.
Membership includes a Councillor (who will be the Chair) and up to ten (10) community members who are committed to working positively to meet the objectives of the Committee.
Membership shall represent the range of interests and needs of people with disability in the Hepburn Shire.