Please note that at the November 2021 Council Meeting, Council decided to cancel the Hepburn Hub at The Rex project. Read our media release on the decision.
Join a Project Reference Group for the Hepburn Hub at The Rex
We are looking for a variety of people who want to participate in the Project Reference Group (PRG) for the Hepburn Hub at The Rex. We are looking for people who represent our diverse community and who have skills and opinions they can contribute to the Group.
Please note applications to join the group has now closed.
What is the project?
We are constructing a new multi-purpose facility in Daylesford reusing the historic Rex Theatre located in Vincent Street Daylesford. Council purchased this building for the community and will provide a library service, customer services, a community auditorium, a digital co-working space and council offices. The Hub is intended to be a community facility that reflects the heritage and vibrancy of the Hepburn Shire community.
Council has resolved to create a Project Reference Group with six places reserved for community members who are committed to working positively toward the successful completion of the project’s remaining two stages including construction and occupation.
What do community members do?
As a member you will participate in a group intended to be a place where Council can share information on the project, provide project updates, hear community insights and discuss suggestions from community members about the final stages of the project.
The Project Reference Group is not a decision-making body. Council has already resolved the project’s scope and allowed for its cost in the budget. The facility’s design is complete and a formal tender process is in progress. Members will help to inform the successful delivery of the project through the construction and occupation stages.
Members will participate in improving how we share information with the community by ensuring we:
- Represent the community’s broad interests and needs, to help bring the Hepburn Hub to completion and realise the Hepburn Shire community vision and needs.
- Engage in the construction and occupation process by providing ideas to, and asking questions of, the project team.
- Provide advice about how to effectively engage the broader Hepburn Shire community on these issues.
- Share information about the project and its progress to the Hepburn Shire community through various community channels and groups where appropriate.
How can I become a member?
Please note applications to join the group has closed.
Because the project was cancelled by Council the Project Reference Group is no longer required.
Please read the Project Reference Group Terms of Reference prior to submitting your Expression of Interest. This explains the purpose of the group, the commitment and behaviours expected of members.
For more information contact Paulette Pleasance, Executive Assistant to the Director Infrastructure & Delivery, on 5321 6142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will be assessed with by a panel who will use selection criteria base on your answers to the application questions to assess your application against others received. A report of short-listed applicants shall be presented to Council for consideration. The final selection will be made by Council at a public meeting.
To ensure the process is fair and transparent that list will be made public and the names of the final membership of the group shall be made known to the community. As part of the application process all applicants are required to read and understand the Information Collection Statement at the end of the application and indicate whether you wish for your information to be used for the purposes outlined in that Statement.
Information Collection Statement
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to protecting your privacy. Council is collecting the information about you on this form for the purpose of assessing your eligibility for membership on the Hepburn Hub at the Rex Project Reference Group. The information may also be used to send you notifications on the status of your application.
Please indicate whether you wish for your information to be used for this purpose:
- Assessment of your eligibility of membership on the Hepburn Hub at the Rex Project Reference Group
- Inclusion of your name if shortlisted to Council in both a Councillor Briefing and Council Meeting Report (public)
- Release of your name only (other personal affairs information will not be released such as age, sex, and other sensitive information collected) to the public through Council’s meeting reports and publications relating to the Hepburn Hub at the Rex Project Reference Group.
- Regular updates and newsletters relating to the Hepburn Hub at the Rex if prepared and released.
The information will not be disclosed except as permitted by law. In particular, the information will not be disclosed to others for marketing purposes. If you fail to provide this information, your application may not be assessed for eligibility to be on the Project Reference Group.