Clunes Town Hall and Court House Remedial Works – Stage A
This important project followed on from remedial work completed in 2018, where extensive underpinning works, a tree root barrier and monitoring were carried out to stabilise footings and prevent further rotation of the façade of the Town Hall.
Andronas Conservation Architecture were engaged to document a suite of works to the front portion of the Town Hall to remediate the cracking and resultant shedding of render and plaster. These works were titled ‘Remedial Works Stage A’. This package was revised following a recent conditions survey completed in March 2020 and this additional scope was added to Stage A, primarily focusing on replacing box gutters, flashings and repair and painting of chimneys adjacent to the flagpole.
The project was awarded to Abode Restoration P/L at the June 2020 Council Meeting and works have now reached practical completion. Some additional works were required on the façade and Court House building which have also been completed. Council are now in the process of developing Stage B.
- Brickwork and masonry repairs to the exterior front façade
- Brickwork and masonry repairs to the interior
- Render repairs to the exterior front façade
- Plaster repairs to the interior of the building
- Minor roof plumbing behind the front parapet
- Minor carpentry and joinery work
- Repainting of the exterior and interiors associated with the repairs
- Crack repairs to the Court House building.